Lifeguarding in Dennis
Dennis Chamber of Commerce Lifeguard Scholarship Fund
To qualify for the Lifeguard Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have successfully completed the Lifeguard Training Certification Class
- Be 16 years of age at the start of the class
- Have strong swimming skills
- Have a mature attitude
- Be a Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School student or a Dennis or Yarmouth resident at the Cape Cod Tech or Sturgis Charter School.
- Be hired by the town of Dennis as a lifeguard
Once you have taken the course, you are then eligible for tryouts to become a lifeguard and if you are hired by the Town of Dennis, bring your receipt for the certification class to the Dennis Chamber of Commerce and you will be reimbursed in full from the Lifeguard Scholarship Fund.
Below is a link to the Town of Dennis website; where jobs applications are posted to become a lifeguard.
Town of Dennis Beach information town website.
Donate to the Scholarship Fund
Please make a donation to the Dennis Chamber’s Lifeguard Certification Scholarship Fund to support the training of our Dennis beach lifeguards.
Donations may be made at the Dennis Chamber Visitor Center at 242 Swan River Road, West Dennis or to PO Box 1001, West Dennis, MA 02670. Make checks payable to: Dennis Chamber Lifeguard Scholarship Fund.